You may not see all aspects of the skin/theme you just selected until you go to another page, refresh this one, or you may even need to select what you want twice. And if you come back to this page several times trying to find the screen that is best for you, don’t be surprised if it switches back to one you had before. The same applies to returning to whatever page you were on before this one.
- One-column/frame options:
- Small Screen iPhone, Android, Galaxy, or other smart phone - Navigation sidebar and the searching are separate links. You’ll probably want to use this one with screens that are under 800 pixels wide.
- Two-column/frame options:
- Not-so-smart phones or other mobile devices - If your phone or tablet is smaller than most tablets but bigger than most phones, try this one. If your display is too small you’ll see the navigation bar above the content in one frame and have to do a lot of scrolling. If so, you’d probably be better off with the Small Screen option.
- Mid-sized tablets, small laptops Screen width 1,024 pixels. E.g. Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 - Left (navigation) sidebar displayed, right sidebar available.
- Three-column/frame options:
One-, two- & three-column refer to the initial display, although displaying either or both columns on an 800-pixel-wide screen would be funny-looking.
The options for devices with screen widths of 800 pixels and greater use the Triad skin, which allows you to toggle the display of both left and sidebars. You can also control the text size (in the upper right corner, next to the HONcode badge), and choose the width of the display, the font, and the color scheme (the bottom of the right side bar). From any wiki page, not just here. Using the display layout options at the bottom of the right sidebar, and manually hiding or showing the sidebars, works a hell of a lot better than this page. But if you want to switch between skins/themes that are designed for phones and the one designed for desktops, laptops, and tablets, you’re stuck with this page.
I’ve spent over a month trying to get the wiki software to update everything all at once and it refuses to cooperate. I’ve even messed with overriding the cache handling of the browser. Not only did it kill performance, it didn’t work consistently. The built-in skin changing function also refuses to work for no apparent reason, which is why I’ve had to build this imperfect one.