You may not see all aspects of the skin/theme you just selected until you go to another page, refresh this one, or you may even need to select what you want twice. And if you come back to this page several times trying to find the screen that is best for you, don’t be surprised if it switches back to one you had before. The same applies to returning to whatever page you were on before this one.
- One-column/frame options:
- iPhone, Android, Galaxy, or other smart phone - Navigation sidebar is a separate link.
- Large phones/small tablets Screen width 800 pixels. E.g. Apple iPad or Samsung Galaxy S3. Navigation links at the top of the screen. Uses a stripped-down version of the Triad skin, so most wiki features are available.
- Two-column/frame options:
- Not-so-smart phones or other mobile devices - You’ll probably want to use this one only if either of the above options doesn’t work for you. If your display is too small you’ll see the navigation bar above the content in one frame and have to do a lot of scrolling.
- Mid-sized tablets, small laptops Screen width 1,024 pixels. E.g. Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 - Left (navigation) sidebar displayed, right sidebar available.
- Three-column/frame options:
The options for devices with screen widths of 800 pixels and greater use the Triad skin, and you can toggle the display of both left and sidebars on those. One-, two- & three-column refer to the initial display, although displaying either or both columns on an 800-pixel-wide screen would be funny-looking.
Using the display layout options at the bottom of the right sidebar, and manually hiding or showing the sidebars, works a lot better than this page. But if you want to switch between skins/themes that are designed for phones and the one designed for desktops, laptops, and tablets, you’re stuck with this page.
I’ve spent over a month trying to get the wiki software to update everything all at once and it refuses to cooperate. I’ve even messed with overriding the cache handling of the browser. Not only did it kill performance, it didn’t work consistently. The built-in skin changing function also refuses to work for no apparent reason, which is why I’ve had to build this imperfect one.